Investigation of the Spherical Stellarator Concept - Final Report [electronic resource].
- Washington, D.C. : United States. Dept. of Energy, 2000.
Oak Ridge, Tenn. : Distributed by the Office of Scientific and Technical Information, U.S. Dept. of Energy.
- Physical Description:
- 11 pages : digital, PDF file
- Additional Creators:
- University of Wisconsin
United States. Department of Energy
United States. Department of Energy. Office of Scientific and Technical Information
- This document is a final report of the U.S. DOE grant entitled ''Investigation of the Spherical Stellarator Concept'' which supported theoretical and numerical investigation of a novel fusion concept, the ultra-low-aspect-ratio stellarator system called Spherical Stellarator (SS). The research was concentrated on (a) search for principally different types of SS configurations, (b) optimization of SS configurations by varying the parameters of the coil systems, (c) finite beta and finite plasma current (including bootstrap current) equilibria in the SS, and (d) Monte Carlo particle transport simulations for the SS.
- Published through SciTech Connect.
- Type of Report and Period Covered Note:
- Final; 11/15/1997 - 11/14/1999
- Funding Information:
View MARC record | catkey: 14739983