Focus Magnet and Vessel Interface Issues in HYLIFE-II [electronic resource].
- Washington, D.C : United States. Dept. of Energy. Office of the Assistant Secretary for Defense Programs, 2000.
Oak Ridge, Tenn. : Distributed by the Office of Scientific and Technical Information, U.S. Dept. of Energy.
- Physical Description:
- 1,000 Kilobytes pages : digital, PDF file
- Additional Creators:
- Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory
United States. Department of Energy. Office of the Assistant Secretary for Defense Programs
United States. Department of Energy. Office of Scientific and Technical Information
- The present Heavy Ion Driver design for HYLIFE-II calls for 96 beams from each side, or a total of 192 beams. The beams are separated from each other, at present, by an angle of 4.25 degrees. This report shows the focus magnet locations and a magnet build that leads to the minimum angle of 4.25 degrees between beams. Beam line and first wall shielding for the oscillating flow version of HYLIFE-II is accomplished by a series of horizontal and vertical jets. Ideally the horizontal jets would not deviate from a straight line but this is not feasible due to the force of gravity. Methods of altering the beam line array pattern to accommodate the curved ''horizontal'' jets are addressed.
- Published through SciTech Connect.
- Type of Report and Period Covered Note:
- Funding Information:
View MARC record | catkey: 14740209