Turbulence Suppression by ExB Shear in JET Optimized Shear Pulses [electronic resource].
- Washington, D.C. : United States. Dept. of Energy. Office of Energy Research, 1999. and Oak Ridge, Tenn. : Distributed by the Office of Scientific and Technical Information, U.S. Dept. of Energy.
- Physical Description:
- 4 pages : digital, PDF file
- Additional Creators:
- United States. Department of Energy. Office of Energy Research and United States. Department of Energy. Office of Scientific and Technical Information
- We calculate microinstability growth rates in JET optimized shear plasmas with a comprehensive gyrofluid model, including sheared E x B flows, trapped electrons, and all dominant ion species in realistic magnetic geometry. We find good correlation between E x B shear suppression of microinstabilities and both the formation and collapse of the internal transport barrier.
- Published through SciTech Connect., 07/01/1999., "cfpaper-4042", European Physical Society, Maastrich (NL), 06/14/1999--06/18/1999., M.A. Beer; R.V. Budny; C.D. Challis; G. Conway; C. Gomezano., and Princeton Plasma Physics Lab., NJ (US)
- Funding Information:
View MARC record | catkey: 14740375