Verification and Validation of TMAP7 [electronic resource].
- Washington, D.C. : United States. Dept. of Energy. Office of Science, 2005.
Oak Ridge, Tenn. : Distributed by the Office of Scientific and Technical Information, U.S. Dept. of Energy.
- Additional Creators:
- Idaho National Laboratory, United States. Department of Energy. Office of Science, and United States. Department of Energy. Office of Scientific and Technical Information
- Restrictions on Access:
- Free-to-read Unrestricted online access
- The Tritium Migration Analysis Program, Version 7 (TMAP7) code is an update of TMAP4, an earlier version that was verified and validated in support of the International Thermonuclear Experimental Reactor (ITER) program and of the intermediate version TMAP2000. It has undergone several revisions. The current one includes radioactive decay, multiple trap capability, more realistic treatment of heteronuclear molecular formation at surfaces, processes that involve surface-only species, and a number of other improvements. Prior to code utilization, it needed to be verified and validated to ensure that the code is performing as it was intended and that its predictions are consistent with physical reality. To that end, the demonstration and comparison problems cited here show that the code results agree with analytical solutions for select problems where analytical solutions are straightforward or with results from other verified and validated codes, and that actual experimental results can be accurately replicated using reasonable models with this code. These results and their documentation in this report are necessary steps in the qualification of TMAP7 for its intended service.
- Report Numbers:
- E 1.99:ineel/ext-04-01657
- Other Subject(s):
- Published through SciTech Connect.
- Funding Information:
View MARC record | catkey: 14740473