Low Frequency Fishbone Mode Induced by Circulating Particles in Spherical Tori [electronic resource].
- Washington, D.C. : United States. Dept. of Energy. Office of Energy Research, 2001.
Oak Ridge, Tenn. : Distributed by the Office of Scientific and Technical Information, U.S. Dept. of Energy.
- Physical Description:
- 308 Kilobytes pages : digital, PDF file
- Additional Creators:
- United States. Department of Energy. Office of Energy Research
United States. Department of Energy. Office of Scientific and Technical Information
- It is found that high beta in low-aspect-ratio tori tends to stabilize the fishbone instability in a plasma with energetic circulating ions. The stabilization results from enhancement of the toroidal drift motion by large Shafranov shift, which makes it difficult to reconcile the condition of considerable energy exchange between the ions and the internal kink perturbation with the condition of the resonant wave-particle interaction.
- Published through SciTech Connect.
White, R.B.; Kolesnichenko, Ya.I.; Marchenko, V.S.
Princeton Plasma Physics Lab., NJ (US)
- Type of Report and Period Covered Note:
- Funding Information:
View MARC record | catkey: 14740630