Gallium Safety in the Laboratory [electronic resource].
- Washington, D.C. : United States. Dept. of Energy. Office of Science, 2003. and Oak Ridge, Tenn. : Distributed by the Office of Scientific and Technical Information, U.S. Dept. of Energy.
- Physical Description:
- 197 Kilobytes pages : digital, PDF file
- Additional Creators:
- Idaho National Engineering and Environmental Laboratory, United States. Department of Energy. Office of Science, and United States. Department of Energy. Office of Scientific and Technical Information
- Restrictions on Access:
- Free-to-read Unrestricted online access
- A university laboratory experiment for the US Department of Energy magnetic fusion research program required a simulant for liquid lithium. The simulant choices were narrowed to liquid gallium and galinstan (Ga-In-Sn) alloy. Safety information on liquid gallium and galinstan were compiled, and the choice was made to use galinstan. A laboratory safety walkthrough was performed in the fall of 2002 to support the galinstan experiment. The experiment has been operating successfully since early 2002.
- Published through SciTech Connect., 05/07/2003., "ineel/con-03-00078", Energy Facility Contractors Group (EFCOG) Safety Analysis Working Group (SAWG) 2003 Annual Meeting, Salt Lake City, UT (US), 06/21/2003--06/27/2003., and Cadwallader, L.C.
- Funding Information:
View MARC record | catkey: 14740639