Spectral Catalogue of Kr Optical Lines for the Development of Diagnostics for Fusion Plasmas [electronic resource].
- Washington, D.C : United States. Dept. of Energy. Office of the Assistant Secretary for Defense Programs, 2000. and Oak Ridge, Tenn. : Distributed by the Office of Scientific and Technical Information, U.S. Dept. of Energy.
- Physical Description:
- 605 Kilobytes pages : digital, PDF file
- Additional Creators:
- Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory, United States. Department of Energy. Office of the Assistant Secretary for Defense Programs, and United States. Department of Energy. Office of Scientific and Technical Information
- Restrictions on Access:
- Free-to-read Unrestricted online access
- We made an inventory of krypton spectra over the wavelength range 3700-6000 Å for the development of fusion plasma diagnostics. The measurements were performed using a Steinheil prism spectrometer on the LLNL low energy electron beam ion trap (EBIT II). With the electron energy from 150 eV to 17000 eV, we recorded low ionization stages together with a number of magnetic dipole transitions from higher charge states. In total, we observed over 80 lines, of which about 70% of the lines have not been listed in the literature. This measurement established a baseline for future extension using spectrometers with very high resolution. As an example, we present the Kr spectra from 3770 Å to 3900 Å measured with a transmission grating spectrometer that has a resolving power of about 15000. Among the 41 lines observed, only 6 lines have been listed in the databases.
- Published through SciTech Connect., 06/14/2000., "ucrl-jc-139497", 13th Topical Conference on High-Temperature Plasma Diagnostics, Tucson, AZ (US), 06/18/2000--06/22/2000., and Wong, K.L.; Harris, C.L.; Hui, C.; Beiersdorfer, P.; Utter, S.B.
- Funding Information:
View MARC record | catkey: 14740852