Plasma discreteness effects in the presence of an intense, ultrashort laser pulse [electronic resource].
- Washington, D.C. : United States. Dept. of Energy, 1996. and Oak Ridge, Tenn. : Distributed by the Office of Scientific and Technical Information, U.S. Dept. of Energy.
- Physical Description:
- 30 pages : digital, PDF file
- Additional Creators:
- Princeton University, United States. Department of Energy, and United States. Department of Energy. Office of Scientific and Technical Information
- Restrictions on Access:
- Free-to-read Unrestricted online access
- Discrete effects of the plasma irradiated by an ultrashort, intense laser pulse are investigated. Although, for most plasmas of interest, the damping of the laser pulse is due to collective plasma effects, in certain regimes the energy absorbed in the plasma microfields can be important. A scattering matrix is derived for an electron scattering off an ion in the presence of an intense laser field.
- Published through SciTech Connect., 03/01/1996., "pppl--3165", "DE96007505", and Fisch, N.J.; Savchenko, V.I.
- Funding Information:
View MARC record | catkey: 14742613