Comparison of L-H transition measurements with physics models [electronic resource].
- Washington, D.C. : United States. Dept. of Energy. Office of Energy Research, 1998.
Oak Ridge, Tenn. : Distributed by the Office of Scientific and Technical Information, U.S. Dept. of Energy.
- Physical Description:
- 24 pages : digital, PDF file
- Additional Creators:
- General Atomic Company
United States. Department of Energy. Office of Energy Research
United States. Department of Energy. Office of Scientific and Technical Information
- A technique of fitting a modified hyperbolic tangent to the edge profiles has improved the localization of plasma edge parameters. Non-dimensional edge parameters are broadly consistent with several theories of the L-H transition that use edge gradients in their formulation of a critical threshold parameter. The ion ∇B drift direction has only a small effect on the edge plasma conditions measured near the plasma midplane but a large effect on the divertor plasma. The dramatic change of power threshold with the direction of the ion ∇B drift implies that phenomena in the divertor region may be critical for the L-H transition.
- Published through SciTech Connect.
17. IAEA fusion energy conference, Yokohama (Japan), 19-24 Oct 1998.
Thomas, D.M.; Osborne, T.H.; Leonard, A.W.; Groebner, R.J.; Burrell, K.H.; Carlstrom, T.N.
- Funding Information:
View MARC record | catkey: 14742713