The dynamics of core temperature fluctuations during sawtooth oscillations on TEXT-U [electronic resource].
- Washington, D.C. : United States. Dept. of Energy. Office of Energy Research, 1995.
Oak Ridge, Tenn. : Distributed by the Office of Scientific and Technical Information, U.S. Dept. of Energy.
- Physical Description:
- 16 pages : digital, PDF file
- Additional Creators:
- University of Texas at Austin
United States. Department of Energy. Office of Energy Research
United States. Department of Energy. Office of Scientific and Technical Information
- Core electron temperature fluctuations are measured in a tokamak plasma where some degree of time resolution is achieved. There is a strong correlation between the turbulence level and the phase of the sawtooth oscillation. A global linear relationship between the temperature fluctuation amplitude and the electron temperature gradient scale length is found. The enhancement in fluctuations at the sawtooth crash is correlated to a steepening of the electron temperature gradient created as the sawtooth heat pulse propagates outward.
- Published through SciTech Connect.
Gandy, R.F.; Watts, C.
- Funding Information:
View MARC record | catkey: 14742971