NIF ICCS network design and loading analysis [electronic resource].
- Washington, D.C : United States. Dept. of Energy. Office of the Assistant Secretary for Defense Programs, 1998.
Oak Ridge, Tenn. : Distributed by the Office of Scientific and Technical Information, U.S. Dept. of Energy.
- Physical Description:
- 1.9 Megabytes pages : digital, PDF file
- Additional Creators:
- Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory
United States. Department of Energy. Office of the Assistant Secretary for Defense Programs
United States. Department of Energy. Office of Scientific and Technical Information
- The National Ignition Facility (NIF) is housed within a large facility about the size of two football fields. The Integrated Computer Control System (ICCS) is distributed throughout this facility and requires the integration of about 40,000 control points and over 500 video sources. This integration is provided by approximately 700 control computers distributed throughout the NIF facility and a network that provides the communication infrastructure. A main control room houses a set of seven computer consoles providing operator access and control of the various distributed front-end processors (FEPs). There are also remote workstations distributed within the facility that allow provide operator console functions while personnel are testing and troubleshooting throughout the facility. The operator workstations communicate with the FEPs which implement the localized control and monitoring functions. There are different types of FEPs for the various subsystems being controlled. This report describes the design of the NIF ICCS network and how it meets the traffic loads that will are expected and the requirements of the Sub-System Design Requirements (SSDR's). This document supersedes the earlier reports entitled Analysis of the National Ignition Facility Network, dated November 6, 1996 and The National Ignition Facility Digital Video and Control Network, dated July 9, 1996. For an overview of the ICCS, refer to the document NIF Integrated Computer Controls System Description (NIF-3738).
- Published through SciTech Connect.
Bryant, R; Tietbohl, G.
- Type of Report and Period Covered Note:
- Funding Information:
View MARC record | catkey: 14743137