A threshold for excitation of neoclassical tearing modes [electronic resource].
- Washington, D.C. : United States. Dept. of Energy, 1996.
Oak Ridge, Tenn. : Distributed by the Office of Scientific and Technical Information, U.S. Dept. of Energy.
- Physical Description:
- 18 pages : digital, PDF file
- Additional Creators:
- Princeton University, United States. Department of Energy, and United States. Department of Energy. Office of Scientific and Technical Information
- Restrictions on Access:
- Free-to-read Unrestricted online access
- Stability criterion is obtained for neoclassical tearing modes. A finite amplitude of magnetic island is required for their excitation. In both collisional and collisionless regimes the threshold is determined by the ratio of the transversal and the parallel transport near the island, when the flattening of the pressure profile eliminates the bootstrap current. A number of TFTR supershots are compared with the theory. Both the stability condition and the critical island width are consistent with experimental data.
- Report Numbers:
- E 1.99:pppl--3167
- Other Subject(s):
- Published through SciTech Connect.
Gorelenkov, N.N.; Gorelenkova, M.V.; Zakharov, L.E.
- Funding Information:
View MARC record | catkey: 14743882