CHEMCON User`s Manual, Version 3.1 [electronic resource].
- Washington, D.C. : United States. Dept. of Energy, 1995.
Oak Ridge, Tenn. : Distributed by the Office of Scientific and Technical Information, U.S. Dept. of Energy.
- Physical Description:
- 56 pages : digital, PDF file
- Additional Creators:
- United States. Department of Energy and United States. Department of Energy. Office of Scientific and Technical Information
- Restrictions on Access:
- Free-to-read Unrestricted online access
- CHEMCON is a computer program developed to analyze thermal transients of tokamak fusion reactors. It contains a one dimensional, cylindrical geometry, conduction model that allows a variety of heat transfer modes within nodes and at node boundaries. Solid regions can be grouped into segments that communicate at their boundaries through a radiation enclosure model. CHEMCON includes a single volume, pressurization/condensation model that is used to include the effects of an in-vessel LOCA and the resulting heat transfer between hot surfaces and cold surfaces in contact with this volume. The code includes properties for 11 solid materials and two gases. CHEMCON also contains specialized models for modeling chemical reactions of node boundaries with air and steam including the gases produced from these reactions. In addition, a model treating the collapse of radiation shields within a gap is also included. CHEMCON is used mainly to simulate the thermal transient for post-blowdown loss-of-coolant-accidents.
- Report Numbers:
- E 1.99:inel--95/0147
- Published through SciTech Connect.
Gaeta, M.J.; Merrill, B.J.
EG and G Idaho, Inc., Idaho Falls, ID (United States)
- Funding Information:
View MARC record | catkey: 14744012