The measurement and analysis of wavefront structure from large aperture ICF optics [electronic resource].
- Washington, D.C. : United States. Dept. of Energy, 1995. and Oak Ridge, Tenn. : Distributed by the Office of Scientific and Technical Information, U.S. Dept. of Energy.
- Physical Description:
- 25 pages : digital, PDF file
- Additional Creators:
- Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory, United States. Department of Energy, and United States. Department of Energy. Office of Scientific and Technical Information
- This paper discusses the techniques, developed over the past year, for high spatial resolution measurement and analysis of the transmitted and/or reflected wavefront of large aperture ICF optical components. Parts up to 400 mm × 750 mm have been measured and include: laser slabs, windows, KDP crystals and lenses. The measurements were performed using state-of-the-art commercial phase shifting interferometers at a wavelength of 633 μm. Both 1 and 2-D Fourier analysis have been used to characterize the wavefront; specifically the Power Spectral Density, (PSD), function was calculated. The PSDs of several precision optical components will be shown. The PSD(V) is proportional to the (amplitude)² of components of the Fourier frequency spectrum. The PSD describes the scattered intensity and direction as a function of scattering angle in the wavefront. The capability of commercial software is limited to 1-D Fourier analysis only. We are developing our own 2-D analysis capability in support of work to revise specifications for NIF optics. 2-D analysis uses the entire wavefront phase map to construct 2D PSD functions. We have been able to increase the signal-to-noise relative to 1-D and can observe very subtle wavefront structure.
- Published through SciTech Connect., 05/30/1995., "ucrl-jc--121148", " conf-9505264--2", "DE95016609", 1. annual solid-state lasers for application to inertial confinement fusion meeting, Monterey, CA (United States), 30 May - 2 Jun 1995., and Lawson, J.K.; Wolfe, C.R.
- Funding Information:
View MARC record | catkey: 14744131