Deuterium and tritium experiments on TFTR [electronic resource].
- Washington, D.C. : United States. Dept. of Energy, 1995. and Oak Ridge, Tenn. : Distributed by the Office of Scientific and Technical Information, U.S. Dept. of Energy.
- Physical Description:
- 21 pages : digital, PDF file
- Additional Creators:
- Princeton University, United States. Department of Energy, and United States. Department of Energy. Office of Scientific and Technical Information
- Restrictions on Access:
- Free-to-read Unrestricted online access
- Three initial campaigns to increase the fusion power in DT plasmas on the Tokamak Fusion Test Reactor [TFTR] prior to July 1994 are described. The first campaign was dedicated to obtaining >5 MW of fusion power while avoiding MHD events similar to the JET X-event. The second was aimed at producing maximum fusion power irrespective of proximity to MHD limits, and achieved 9 MW limited by a disruption. The third campaign increased the energy confinement time using lithium pellet conditioning with the hope of increasing the ratio of alpha heating to beam heating.
- Published through SciTech Connect., 03/01/1995., "pppl--3076", " conf-9406270--2", "DE95008707", 21. EPS conference on controlled fusion and plasma physics, Montpellier (France), 27 Jun - 1 Jul 1994., and Barnes, C.W.; Adler, H.; Strachan, J.D.
- Funding Information:
View MARC record | catkey: 14744187