Development of density and temperature profile diagnostics for ICF targets. Final report, September 30, 1993--December 31, 1994 [electronic resource].
- Washington, D.C. : United States. Dept. of Energy, 1995. and Oak Ridge, Tenn. : Distributed by the Office of Scientific and Technical Information, U.S. Dept. of Energy.
- Physical Description:
- 6 pages : digital, PDF file
- Additional Creators:
- University of Maryland (College Park, Md.), United States. Department of Energy, and United States. Department of Energy. Office of Scientific and Technical Information
- Restrictions on Access:
- Free-to-read Unrestricted online access
- In the authors` research for the period of September 30, 1993 through December 31, 1994, they have upgraded their equipment in anticipation of the restart of the upgraded lasers at the University of Rochester Laboratory for Laser Energetics/National Laser User Facility (LLE/NLUF) and elsewhere. As a direct result of cooperation with Dr. Paul Jaanimagi of LLE, they have modified the cathode on a LLE-designed front-illuminated streak camera so as to operate over a wavelength range extending from the x-ray (≥ 0.3 nm) into the vacuum ultraviolet (> 100 nm) spectral regions. They have accomplished this with (coated) screen cathodes which permit the photoelectrons to freely penetrate through the openings after emission from the mesh surfaces. Such cathodes were studied, compared and optimized. In anticipation of the development of these long-wavelength photocathodes, they assembled and tested a xuv flat-field streak spectrograph using a varied-spacing grating and covering the 4--30 nm wavelength region. They successfully obtained spectra of highly-ionized boron and carbon. They have also installed a new 300 grooves/mm, 4.2° blazed grating in their ``McPig`` microchannel plate equipped grazing incidence spectrograph, and obtained test spectra extending from 3 to 140 nm wavelength.
- Published through SciTech Connect., 03/01/1995., "doe/sf/20142--1", "DE95007664", "GB0206040", and Griem, H.R.; Elton, R.C.
- Type of Report and Period Covered Note:
- Final; 01/01/1993 - 12/31/1994
- Funding Information:
View MARC record | catkey: 14744195