Tokamak transmutation of (nuclear) waste (TTW) [electronic resource] : Parametric studies
- Washington, D.C. : United States. Dept. of Energy, 1994. and Oak Ridge, Tenn. : Distributed by the Office of Scientific and Technical Information, U.S. Dept. of Energy.
- Physical Description:
- 9 pages : digital, PDF file
- Additional Creators:
- Los Alamos National Laboratory, United States. Department of Energy, and United States. Department of Energy. Office of Scientific and Technical Information
- Restrictions on Access:
- Free-to-read Unrestricted online access
- Radioactive waste generated as part of the commercial-power and defense nuclear programs can be either stored or transmuted. The latter treatment requires a capital-intensive neutron source and is reserved for particularly hazardous and long-lived actinide and fission-product waste. A comparative description of fusion-based transmutation is made on the basis of rudimentary estimates of ergonic performance and transmutation capacities versus inventories for both ultra-low-aspect-ratio (spherical torus, ST) and conversional (aspect-ratio) tokamak fusion-power-core drivers. The parametric systems studies reported herein provides a preamble to more-detailed, cost-based systems analyses.
- Published through SciTech Connect., 06/01/1994., "la-ur--94-1624", " conf-940630--7", "DE94012891", 11. topical meeting on the technology of fusion energy,New Orleans, LA (United States),19-24 Jun 1994., and Krakowski, R.A.; Peng, Y.K.M.; Cheng, E.T.
- Funding Information:
View MARC record | catkey: 14745458