Benchmarking UEDGE with DIII-D data [electronic resource].
- Washington, D.C. : United States. Dept. of Energy, 1993.
Oak Ridge, Tenn. : Distributed by the Office of Scientific and Technical Information, U.S. Dept. of Energy.
- Physical Description:
- 8 pages : digital, PDF file
- Additional Creators:
- Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory
United States. Department of Energy
United States. Department of Energy. Office of Scientific and Technical Information
- Comparisons between a 2-D fluid simulation of the scrape-off-layer (SOL) plasma of a diverted tokamak and experimental data from the DIII-D are shown. It is concluded that a simple diffusive model for perpendicular transport is consistent with the data. Discrepancies in the simulation suggest that impurity radiation may be playing a significant role in the experiment, and that further work is required to understand hydrogen recycling at the divertor.
- Published through SciTech Connect.
4. international workshop on plasma edge theory (PET) in fusion devices,Varenna (Italy),4-6 Oct 1993.
Leonard, A.; Porter, G.D.; Nguyen, Q.; Rognlien, T.D.; Rensink, M.E.; Fenstermacher, M.; Groebner, R.
- Funding Information:
View MARC record | catkey: 14745670