Beam and viewing dump positioning inside TFTR for CTS alpha-particle diagnostics [electronic resource].
- Washington, D.C. : United States. Dept. of Energy, 1991.
Oak Ridge, Tenn. : Distributed by the Office of Scientific and Technical Information, U.S. Dept. of Energy.
- Physical Description:
- Pages: (15 pages) : digital, PDF file
- Additional Creators:
- Massachusetts Institute of Technology, United States. Department of Energy, and United States. Department of Energy. Office of Scientific and Technical Information
- Restrictions on Access:
- Free-to-read Unrestricted online access
- A collective Thomson scattering (CTS) diagnostic system for localized measurement of energetic ions is being developed for TFTR. This system will use a 200KW, 56GHz gyrotron and a sensitive heterodyne receiver. In addition, a key element of this system will be beam and viewing dumps which are needed to minimize detection of stray gyrotron and ECE background radiation by the receiver system. It is the purpose of this study to determine the size and location of these dumps inside TFTR taking into account beam refraction and launch and receiver antenna optics scanning. The beam dump must cover all the area in the vacuum chamber where the beam is expected to impinge, and the viewing dump must cover all the areas within the direct line of sight of the receiver antenna. The beam launch system and the receiver antenna are to be placed nearly symmetrically above and below the midplane of the tokamak vacuum vessel, respectively. The beam dump is to be placed at the bottom inside of the vacuum vessel to absorb the gyrotron beam which will be launched from a top port. The viewing dump is expected to be placed symmetrically at the top inside of the vacuum vessel, and therefore a detailed analysis of only the beam dump is required here. 5 refs., 7 figs., 1 tab.
- Report Numbers:
- E 1.99:doe/er/54109-t2
E 1.99: pfc/rr--91-12
- Other Subject(s):
- Published through SciTech Connect.
Park, H. . Plasma Physics Lab.; Ellis, R.; Woskov, P.P. . Plasma Fusion Center; Rhee, D.Y.
- Funding Information:
View MARC record | catkey: 14746222