MHD stable high beta spheromak equilibrium [electronic resource].
- Washington, D.C : United States. Dept. of Energy. Office of Energy Research, 1989.
Oak Ridge, Tenn. : Distributed by the Office of Scientific and Technical Information, U.S. Dept. of Energy.
- Physical Description:
- Pages: (5 pages) : digital, PDF file
- Additional Creators:
- Los Alamos National Laboratory, United States. Department of Energy. Office of Energy Research, and United States. Department of Energy. Office of Scientific and Technical Information
- Restrictions on Access:
- Free-to-read Unrestricted online access
- Recent observations of a pressure driven mode in CTX indicate that its performance is being limited by the low beta stability requirements typical of conventional spheromak designs. Improved designs with higher beat limits therefore have the potential to dramatically increase the temperature and lifetime of CTX and other spheromak experiments. This paper describes the results of an optimization study examining radically different geometries, but all with minimum energy current profiles which can easily be created experimentally and should be automatically stable to all ideal and resistive current drive modes. 2 refs., 3 figs.
- Report Numbers:
- E 1.99:la-ur-89-4271
E 1.99: conf-8911130--10
- Other Subject(s):
- Published through SciTech Connect.
11. US/Japan workshop on field-reversed configurations and compact toroids, Los Alamos, NM (USA), 7-9 Nov 1989.
- Funding Information:
View MARC record | catkey: 14746681