Numerical modeling of slow shocks [electronic resource].
- Los Alamos, N.M. : Los Alamos National Laboratory, 1987.
Oak Ridge, Tenn. : Distributed by the Office of Scientific and Technical Information, U.S. Dept. of Energy.
- Physical Description:
- Pages: 21 : digital, PDF file
- Additional Creators:
- Los Alamos National Laboratory and United States. Department of Energy. Office of Scientific and Technical Information
- Restrictions on Access:
- Free-to-read Unrestricted online access
- This paper reviews previous attempt and the present status of efforts to understand the structure of slow shocks by means of time dependent numerical calculations. Studies carried out using MHD or hybrid-kinetic codes have demonstrated qualitative agreement with theory. A number of unresolved issues related to hybrid simulations of the internal shock structure are discussed in some detail. 43 refs., 8 figs.
- Report Numbers:
- E 1.99:la-ur-87-2803
E 1.99: conf-8708141-3
- Other Subject(s):
- Published through SciTech Connect.
6. meeting of solar wind, Estes Park, CO, USA, 24 Aug 1987.
- Funding Information:
View MARC record | catkey: 14747199