Tokamak magnetic islands in the presence of nonaxisymmetric perturbations [electronic resource].
- Washington, D.C. : United States. Dept. of Energy, 1991. and Oak Ridge, Tenn. : Distributed by the Office of Scientific and Technical Information, U.S. Dept. of Energy.
- Physical Description:
- Pages: (36 pages) : digital, PDF file
- Additional Creators:
- Princeton University, United States. Department of Energy, and United States. Department of Energy. Office of Scientific and Technical Information
- Restrictions on Access:
- Free-to-read Unrestricted online access
- The effects of a small, externally imposed, nonaxisymmetric magnetic field perturbation on magnetic islands are studied analytically, assuming zero β, tokamak ordering, and narrow islands. For the tearing stable case, the conditions under which the self-consistent plasma response is self-healing or amplifying are elucidated. For the tearing unstable case, the quasilinear theory of tearing modes is extended to a description of locked modes. 16 refs., 12 figs.
- Published through SciTech Connect., 07/01/1991., "pppl-2761", "DE91015376", and Reiman, A.H.
- Funding Information:
View MARC record | catkey: 14748103