Report on the experience with the Supervisory Control and Diagnostics System (SCDS) of MFTF-B [electronic resource].
- Livermore, Calif : Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory, 1983. and Oak Ridge, Tenn. : Distributed by the Office of Scientific and Technical Information, U.S. Dept. of Energy.
- Physical Description:
- Pages: 7 : digital, PDF file
- Additional Creators:
- Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory and United States. Department of Energy. Office of Scientific and Technical Information
- Restrictions on Access:
- Free-to-read Unrestricted online access
- The Supervisory Control and Diagnostics System (SCDS) of MFTF is a multiprocessor computer system using graphics oriented displays with touch sensitive panels as the primary operator interface. Late in the calendar year 1981 the system was used to control an integrated test of the vacuum vessel, vacuum system, cryogenics system and the superconducting magnet of MFTF. Since the completion of those tests and starting in early calendar 1983 the system has been used for control of the neutral beam test facility at LLNL. This paper presents a short overview of SCDS for the purpose of orientation and then proceeds to describe the difficulties encountered in these preliminary encounters with reality. The band-aids used to hold things together as disaster threatened as well as the long-term solutions to the problems will be discussed. Finally, we will present some comments on system costs and management philosophy.
- Published through SciTech Connect., 11/18/1983., "ucrl-89474", " conf-831203-145", "DE84012599", 10. symposium on fusion engineering, Philadelphia, PA, USA, 5 Dec 1983., and Wyman, R.H.
- Funding Information:
View MARC record | catkey: 14748825