Fuel design considerations for the Mirror Hybrid Reactor [electronic resource].
- Livermore, Calif. : Lawrence Livermore Laboratory, 1977.
Oak Ridge, Tenn. : Distributed by the Office of Scientific and Technical Information, U.S. Dept. of Energy.
- Physical Description:
- Pages: 9 : digital, PDF file
- Additional Creators:
- Lawrence Livermore Laboratory and United States. Department of Energy. Office of Scientific and Technical Information
- Restrictions on Access:
- Free-to-read Unrestricted online access
- Fuel design considerations for a conceptual design of a commercial mirror hybrid reactor, optimized for breeding /sup 239/Pu, are briefly discussed. /sup 238/U/sub 3/Si fuel and lithium hydride breeding material are proposed, along with helium gas cooling. Selection of materials for the blanket follows conventional fission reactor practice. A table of reactor parameters is presented. The Mirror Hybrid Reactor offers potential economical production of fissile material. (RME)
- Report Numbers:
- E 1.99:ucrl-79637
E 1.99: conf-771109-33
- Other Subject(s):
- Published through SciTech Connect.
ANS winter meeting, San Francisco, CA, USA, 27 Nov 1977.
Bender, D.J.; Lee, J.D.; Schultz, K.R.
- Funding Information:
View MARC record | catkey: 14748905