The ATF two-frequency correlation reflectometer [electronic resource].
- Washington, D.C : United States. Dept. of Energy. Office of Energy Research, 1990.
Oak Ridge, Tenn. : Distributed by the Office of Scientific and Technical Information, U.S. Dept. of Energy.
- Physical Description:
- Pages: (11 pages) : digital, PDF file
- Additional Creators:
- Oak Ridge National Laboratory, United States. Department of Energy. Office of Energy Research, and United States. Department of Energy. Office of Scientific and Technical Information
- Restrictions on Access:
- Free-to-read Unrestricted online access
- The Advanced Toroidal Facility (ATF) density fluctuation reflectometer system consists of two individual reflectometers operating in the 30- to 40-GHz band. Each reflectometer consists of a tunable microwave source and a quadrature phase detector connected to the same antenna system. This arrangement allows two-frequency operation along the same radial chord for radial coherence measurements. The technique used in making radial coherence measurements is discussed and the results of such experiments are given. Initial experiments have shown high coherence when the frequencies of the two reflectometers are tuned close together and a clear loss of coherence as the radial separation of the cutoff layers is increased by increasing the frequency separation of the two reflectometers. Recent results have shown that local measurements of density fluctuations in plasmas with electron cyclotron heating (ECH) are possible and that detailed structure can be seen in the fluctuation spectra. In addition, radial correlation lengths have been found to be from 0.5 to 1.0 cm in ECH plasmas, with some frequency structures having correlation lengths up to 3 cm. In plasmas with neutral beam injection (NBI), the radial correlation lengths in the edge region have been found to be approximately 0.1--0.2 cm. 4 figs.
- Report Numbers:
- E 1.99:conf-900557-1
- Other Subject(s):
- Published through SciTech Connect.
8. topical conference on high-temperature plasma diagnostics, Hyannis, MA (USA), 6-10 May 1990.
Harris, J.H.; Thomas, C.E.; Bell, J.D.; Dunlap, J.L.; Hanson, G.R.; Wilgen, J.B.; Anabitarte, E.
- Funding Information:
View MARC record | catkey: 14749105