Fluctuations in three Los Alamos experiments [electronic resource].
- Los Alamos, N.M. : Los Alamos National Laboratory, 1983. and Oak Ridge, Tenn. : Distributed by the Office of Scientific and Technical Information, U.S. Dept. of Energy.
- Physical Description:
- Pages: 18 : digital, PDF file
- Additional Creators:
- Los Alamos National Laboratory and United States. Department of Energy. Office of Scientific and Technical Information
- Restrictions on Access:
- Free-to-read Unrestricted online access
- We review results from three magnetic fusion experiments at Los Alamos: the ZT-40M, a reversed-field toroidal pinch; the CTX, a spheromak produced by a magnetized coaxial source; and the FRX-C, a field-reversed configuration generated by theta-pinch techniques. These experiments share the common feature that a major fraction of the confining magnetic field is associated with currents carried by the plasma. We emphasize here the important role that fluctuations play in the maintenance and evolution of these configurations.
- Published through SciTech Connect., 01/01/1983., "la-ur-83-1596", " conf-830683-1", "DE83014158", Spring college on radiation in plasmas, Trieste, Italy, 9 Jun 1983., and Wright, B.L.
- Funding Information:
View MARC record | catkey: 14749370