Nature and effects of ion-cyclotron fluctuations in TMX [electronic resource].
- Livermore, Calif : Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory, 1982. and Oak Ridge, Tenn. : Distributed by the Office of Scientific and Technical Information, U.S. Dept. of Energy.
- Physical Description:
- Pages: 6 : digital, PDF file
- Additional Creators:
- Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory and United States. Department of Energy. Office of Scientific and Technical Information
- Restrictions on Access:
- Free-to-read Unrestricted online access
- In the tandem mirror experiment (TMX), coherent oscillations have been identified as resulting from the Alfven ion-cyclotron instability. Although the drive for this instability is localized in the end cell, the waves generated propagate out of the unstable region and interact with the central-cell ions. This interaction leads to an experimentally observed scaling of the stored end-cell energy with axial ion end-loss current.
- Published through SciTech Connect., 02/19/1982., "ucrl-87125", " conf-820618-3", "DE82008201", International conference on plasma physics, Goteborg, Sweden, 7 Jun 1982., and Smith, G.R.; Casper, T.A.; Poulsen, P.
- Funding Information:
View MARC record | catkey: 14749643