Updated summary of measurements and calculations of neutron and gamma-ray emission spectra from spheres pusled with 14-MeV neutrons [electronic resource] : Revision 1.
- Livermore, Calif : Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory, 1989.
Oak Ridge, Tenn. : Distributed by the Office of Scientific and Technical Information, U.S. Dept. of Energy.
- Physical Description:
- Pages: 14 : digital, PDF file
- Additional Creators:
- Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory
United States. Department of Energy. Office of Scientific and Technical Information
- New measurements of the neutron and gamma-ray emission spectra from materials of interest to thermonuclear reactors with a 14 MeV neutron source were done during 1986 and 1987. These measurements characterized by better resolution than those reported in the Summary published in 1982, were performed using the pulsed sphere and time-of-flight techniques. The detector used in these measurements was a NE-213 cylinder, 5.08 cm in diameter by 5.08 cm thick. The new measurements include the following materials: Be, C, N, H/sub 2/O, C/sub 2/F/sub 4/ (teflon), Al, Si, Ti, Fe, Cu, Ta, W, Au, Pb, /sup 232/Th, and /sup 238/U. For all these materials, both the neutron and gamma emission spectra were measured. A complete tabulation of all the measurements done under the Pulse Sphere Program is presented. 37 refs., 1 tab.
- Published through SciTech Connect.
Hansen, L.F.; Howerton, R.J.; Goldberg, E.; Pohl, B.A.; Komoto, T.T.
- Funding Information:
View MARC record | catkey: 14749670