Overview of the ATF (Advanced Toroidal Facility) Program [electronic resource].
- Washington, D.C : United States. Dept. of Energy. Office of Energy Research, 1989.
Oak Ridge, Tenn. : Distributed by the Office of Scientific and Technical Information, U.S. Dept. of Energy.
- Physical Description:
- Pages: (14 pages) : digital, PDF file
- Additional Creators:
- Oak Ridge National Laboratory, United States. Department of Energy. Office of Energy Research, and United States. Department of Energy. Office of Scientific and Technical Information
- Restrictions on Access:
- Free-to-read Unrestricted online access
- Initial operation of ATF showed narrow pressure profiles and second stability behavior at lower beta than expected and revealed uncompensated dipoles in the HF winding leads that have since been corrected. Energy confinement times obtained with neutral beam injection and electron cyclotron heating roughly follow the LHD scaling. However, a plasma collapse is observed with NBI 6 refs., 9 figs.
- Report Numbers:
- E 1.99:conf-890403-27
- Other Subject(s):
- Published through SciTech Connect.
7. international stellarator workshop, Oak Ridge, TN (USA), 10-14 Apr 1989.
Harris, J.H.; Carter, M.D.; Lyon, J.F.; Dunlap, J.L.; Menon, M.M.; Hutchinson, D.P.; Howe, H.C.; Langley, R.A.; Bigelow, T.S.; Dyer, G.R.; Meyer, F.W.; Murakami, M.; Jernigan, T.C.; Carreras, B.A.; Goulding, R.H.; Ma, C.H.; Mioduszewski, P.K.; Leboeuf, J.N.; Colchin, R.J.; Isler, R.C.; Horton, L.D.; Hillis, D.L.; Glowienka, J.C.; Dominguez, N.; England, A.C.; Halliwell, J.W.; Hiroe, S.; Crume, E.C.; Kindsfather, R.R.; Neilso.
- Funding Information:
View MARC record | catkey: 14749795