Comments on the critical issues for a high-density gas-embedded z-pinch CTR reactor concept [electronic resource].
- Los Alamos, N.M. : Los Alamos Scientific Laboratory, 1981.
Oak Ridge, Tenn. : Distributed by the Office of Scientific and Technical Information, U.S. Dept. of Energy.
- Physical Description:
- Pages: 13 : digital, PDF file
- Additional Creators:
- Los Alamos Scientific Laboratory and United States. Department of Energy. Office of Scientific and Technical Information
- Restrictions on Access:
- Free-to-read Unrestricted online access
- The issues considered critical for the realization of a CTR reactor are discussed for the high-density gas-embedded z-pinch concept. A simple model of the pinch reactor is presented that gives estimates for Q in substantial agreement with elaborate computer studies. An attempt is made to identify such critical points that are amenable to exploratory experiments. There appears to be no fatal flaw in the issues covered that would preclude a viable reactor based on this concept.
- Report Numbers:
- E 1.99:la-8680-ms
- Other Subject(s):
- Published through SciTech Connect.
- Funding Information:
View MARC record | catkey: 14750262