Cyclic thermal stresses in fusion reactors [electronic resource].
- Los Alamos, N.M. : Los Alamos National Laboratory, 1981. and Oak Ridge, Tenn. : Distributed by the Office of Scientific and Technical Information, U.S. Dept. of Energy.
- Physical Description:
- Pages: 21 : digital, PDF file
- Additional Creators:
- Los Alamos National Laboratory and United States. Department of Energy. Office of Scientific and Technical Information
- Restrictions on Access:
- Free-to-read Unrestricted online access
- In this paper we model and analyze cyclic thermal loads and stresses in two critical components of inertial and magnetic confinement fusion reactors (including fusion-fission hybrids); namely, in the solid wall adjacent to the fusion plasma (first wall) and in the fuel elements located in the high power density region of the blanket. We derive explicit expressions for the parametric dependencies of thermal stresses that provide a quantitative basis for tradeoff and comparative assessment studies of different fusion reactors.
- Published through SciTech Connect., 01/01/1981., "la-ur-81-2826", " conf-811046-2", "DE82000761", Meeting and workshop on fusion reactor design and technology, Tokyo, Japan, 5 Oct 1981., and Bohachevsky, I.O.; Kostoff, R.N.
- Funding Information:
View MARC record | catkey: 14750337