Calculation of eddy-current losses in toroidal-field-coil casing [electronic resource].
- Oak Ridge, Tenn. : Oak Ridge National Laboratory, 1981. and Oak Ridge, Tenn. : Distributed by the Office of Scientific and Technical Information, U.S. Dept. of Energy.
- Physical Description:
- Pages: 4 : digital, PDF file
- Additional Creators:
- Oak Ridge National Laboratory and United States. Department of Energy. Office of Scientific and Technical Information
- A procedure is presented for calculating eddy current losses in circular and rectangular coil case cross sections. The procedure may be applied to toroidal field coil cases in pulsed tokamak systems, where eddy currents are induced by the time-varying magnetic fields which result from pulsing of the poloidal field coils. In circular cross sections, the procedure agrees well with a previously published method and is readily extended to the more realistic case of rectangular cross sections, which is addressed only approximately by the earlier method. The present procedure is applicable to thin- or thick-walled geometries, although considerable simplification is possible for thin-walled applications. In either case, closed form solutions may be readily applied.
- Published through SciTech Connect., 01/01/1981., "conf-811040-186", "DE83001970", 9. symposium on engineering problems of fusion research, Chicago, IL, USA, 26 Oct 1981., and Hooper, R.J.; Kalsi, S.S.
- Funding Information:
View MARC record | catkey: 14750414