Saturation of hot CO/sub 2/ at 10. 6. mu. m [electronic resource].
- Los Alamos, N.M. : Los Alamos Scientific Laboratory, 1980.
Oak Ridge, Tenn. : Distributed by the Office of Scientific and Technical Information, U.S. Dept. of Energy.
- Physical Description:
- Pages: 15 : digital, PDF file
- Additional Creators:
- Los Alamos Scientific Laboratory
United States. Department of Energy. Office of Scientific and Technical Information
- Saturation of the short laser pulse transmission of hot CO/sub 2/ has been studied experimentally and theoretically. Pure CO/sub 2/ at 200 torr and 400 +- 3/sup 0/C was contained in a special temperature-controlled 118 cm absorption cell. The cell's energy transmission was measured as a function of the incident pulse's fluence. The incident pulses' wavelengths were either at the P18 or P20 lines of the 10.6 ..mu..m band, and their temporal shape (FWHM of 1.6 ns) was kept fixed as the fluence was changed. The data showed that the absorption of hot CO/sub 2/ saturated differently at the two wavelengths, with the P20 transition being the harder to saturate.
- Published through SciTech Connect.
3. international conference on lasers and applications, New Orleans, LA, USA, 15 Dec 1980.
Goldstein, J.C.; Czuchlewski, S.J.; Nowak, A.V.
- Funding Information:
View MARC record | catkey: 14750427