Research on the HYLIFE liquid-first-wall concept for future laser-fusion reactors. Final report No. 6 [electronic resource].
- Davis, Calif. : University of California, Davis, 1980.
Oak Ridge, Tenn. : Distributed by the Office of Scientific and Technical Information, U.S. Dept. of Energy.
- Physical Description:
- Pages: 36 : digital, PDF file
- Additional Creators:
- University of California, Davis and United States. Department of Energy. Office of Scientific and Technical Information
- Restrictions on Access:
- Free-to-read Unrestricted online access
- Experiments were performed on planar sheet jets of water flowing vertically downward. The nozzles were vibrated transversely to excite the sinuous mode of instability, and the sheet jets were photographed from the edge view to obtain data on the wave growth parameters. The data are compared to a second-order nonlinear theory. Qualitative agreement is obtained with regard to the stabilizing nature of the second-order terms, and reasonably quantitative agreement is obtained on the fall distance for the maximum wave amplitude.
- Report Numbers:
- E 1.99:ucrl-15367
- Other Subject(s):
- Published through SciTech Connect.
- Funding Information:
View MARC record | catkey: 14750446