Results of TMX operations [electronic resource] : January-July 1980
- Livermore, Calif. : Lawrence Livermore Laboratory, 1980. and Oak Ridge, Tenn. : Distributed by the Office of Scientific and Technical Information, U.S. Dept. of Energy.
- Physical Description:
- Pages: 188 : digital, PDF file
- Additional Creators:
- Lawrence Livermore Laboratory and United States. Department of Energy. Office of Scientific and Technical Information
- Restrictions on Access:
- Free-to-read Unrestricted online access
- This interim report summarizes results from the Tandem Mirror Experiment (TMX) during the period January to July 1980 and describes the physics experiments, the machine operation, and the diagnostics that were added to TMX during this period. This operating period followed the initial proof-of-principle TMX experiments and predated the ongoing final experiments preceding TMX shutdown for modification to TMX Upgrade. The results described in this report include measurements of plasma parameters and plasma behavior which confirm the initial TMX results that demonstrated that the tandem mirror configuration can be generated and sustained by neutral beam injection and that the tandem mirror configuration improves confinement of magnetic mirror systems.
- Published through SciTech Connect., 09/25/1980., "ucid-18803", and Correll, D.L.; Drake, R.P.
- Funding Information:
View MARC record | catkey: 14750609