Generalization of Connor and Hastie's ripple-trapping coefficient, G(. cap alpha. ) [electronic resource].
- Princeton, N.J. : Princeton University, 1980. and Oak Ridge, Tenn. : Distributed by the Office of Scientific and Technical Information, U.S. Dept. of Energy.
- Physical Description:
- Pages: 9 : digital, PDF file
- Additional Creators:
- Princeton University and United States. Department of Energy. Office of Scientific and Technical Information
- In their calculation of transport due to ripple trapping, Connor and Hastie employ a factor G(..cap alpha..) to take into account the poloidal variation of the depth and shape of the local magnetic wells. They assume, however, that the toroidal-field ripple strength, delta, is independent of the poloidal angle. This letter generalizes G to treat any arbitrary poloidal variation of delta, and also high-beta, non-circular plasma configurations of arbitrary aspect ratio.
- Published through SciTech Connect., 02/01/1980., "pppl-1638r", and Goldston, R.J.; Towner, H.H.
- Funding Information:
View MARC record | catkey: 14750891