Light-ion transport in plasma channels for ICF [electronic resource].
- Oak Ridge, Tenn. : Distributed by the Office of Scientific and Technical Information, U.S. Dept. of Energy, 1980.
- Physical Description:
- Pages: 4 : digital, PDF file
- Additional Creators:
- United States. Department of Energy. Office of Scientific and Technical Information
- Three aspects of fast ion beam transport in plasma channels are discussed. First, a MHD stability analysis of the 1-D cylindrical channel dynamical evolution is being developed. Second, calculations of charge exchange and collisional energy loss during ion beam propagation in plasma channels of interest are shown to give acceptable transport efficiencies. Third, an arrangement of plasma channels for spherical irradiation of a target is presented and results of efficient ion beam overlap calculations are reported.
- Published through SciTech Connect.
International conference on plasma physics, Nagoya, Japan, 7 Apr 1980.
Baker, L.; Mehlhorn, T. A.; Freeman, J. R.; Wright, T. P.; Green, T. A.
Sandia Labs., Albuquerque, NM (USA)
- Funding Information:
View MARC record | catkey: 14750961