Possible application of electromagnetic guns to impact fusion [electronic resource].
- Los Alamos, N.M. : Los Alamos Scientific Laboratory, 1980. and Oak Ridge, Tenn. : Distributed by the Office of Scientific and Technical Information, U.S. Dept. of Energy.
- Physical Description:
- Pages: 9 : digital, PDF file
- Additional Creators:
- Los Alamos Scientific Laboratory and United States. Department of Energy. Office of Scientific and Technical Information
- Restrictions on Access:
- Free-to-read Unrestricted online access
- The rail gun has the potential of developing into an impact fusion macroparticle accelerator, and it is the most promising electrical accelerating system since its efficiency can be high, its length relatively short, and there is a considerable body of experimental work. The next step in rail gun development would be to increase the velocity by a factor of three or four using three to five gram pellets. The final goal of rail gun research and development would then be to increase the velocity by another factor of five to six to obtain impact fusion parameters.
- Published through SciTech Connect., 01/01/1980., "la-ur-80-3137", " conf-801138-4", Electromagnetic guns and launchers conference, San Diego, CA, USA, 4 Nov 1980., and Ribe, F.L.; Kostoff, R.N.; Peaslee, A.T. Jr.
- Funding Information:
View MARC record | catkey: 14751033