Vector Array Processor software development. Final report, September 1, 1978-October 14, 1979 [electronic resource].
- Washington, D.C. : United States. Dept. of Energy, 1979.
Oak Ridge, Tenn. : Distributed by the Office of Scientific and Technical Information, U.S. Dept. of Energy.
- Physical Description:
- Pages: 77 : digital, PDF file
- Additional Creators:
- United States. Department of Energy and United States. Department of Energy. Office of Scientific and Technical Information
- Restrictions on Access:
- Free-to-read Unrestricted online access
- During the performance period of this contract, from September 1, 1978, to October 14, 1979 (including an extension from April 30, 1979, to October 14, 1979), Austin Research Associates developed and debugged for assembly errors a complete library of utility programs for a Vector Array Processor. The Vector Array Processor is a modified AP-120B array processor having four large serial memories with data paths to the arithmetic pipelines. This hardware arrangement allows the array processor to operate with a speed of 12 million floating point operations per second for many classes of calculations with internal data flow rates up to 30 million words per second. The configuration of the data paths is under program control, and a general setup subroutine was written. The utility subroutines are available to the user through simple Fortran call statements from the host. Anticipated completion of hardware modifications is in the spring of 1980, and then the machine will be available to the Department of Energy for evaluation of the utilities. The option of future development of a compiler for exploitation of the utility library by a high-level language was explored. 9 figures, 7 tables.
- Report Numbers:
- E 1.99:coo-5082-1
- Other Subject(s):
- Published through SciTech Connect.
Drummond, W E.
Austin Research Associates, Inc., TX (USA)
- Funding Information:
View MARC record | catkey: 14751209