Infrared and far-infrared laser development for plasma diagnostics at Oak Ridge National Laboratory [electronic resource].
- Oak Ridge, Tenn. : Oak Ridge National Laboratory, 1987.
Oak Ridge, Tenn. : Distributed by the Office of Scientific and Technical Information, U.S. Dept. of Energy.
- Physical Description:
- Pages: 4 : digital, PDF file
- Additional Creators:
- Oak Ridge National Laboratory and United States. Department of Energy. Office of Scientific and Technical Information
- Restrictions on Access:
- Free-to-read Unrestricted online access
- Three IR and FIR based diagnostics will be developed ann installed on the Advanced Toroidal Facility (ATF) at ORNL. An interferometer operating at 119 mu m will measure plasma density along 14 vertical chords across the plasma cross-section. A small-angle Thomson scattering experiment using a 10.6-mu m pulsed laser will determine the feasibility of measuring alpha particle distribution in a burning plasma. Plans are being developed for installing an FIR-based scattering experiment on ATF to measure density fluctuations. 4 refs., 4 figs.
- Report Numbers:
- E 1.99:conf-871254-9
- Other Subject(s):
- Published through SciTech Connect.
Lasers '87, Lake Tahoe, NV, USA, 7 Dec 1987.
Richards, R.K.; Lee, J.; Hunter, H.T.; Bennett, C.A.; Hutchinson, D.P.; Ma, C.DH.; Fletcher, L.K.; Casson, W.H.; Vander Sluis, K.L.
- Funding Information:
View MARC record | catkey: 14751299