Fusion Materials Irradiation Test Facility [electronic resource].
- Los Alamos, N.M. : Los Alamos Scientific Laboratory, 1979.
Oak Ridge, Tenn. : Distributed by the Office of Scientific and Technical Information, U.S. Dept. of Energy.
- Physical Description:
- Pages: 5 : digital, PDF file
- Additional Creators:
- Los Alamos Scientific Laboratory
United States. Department of Energy. Office of Scientific and Technical Information
- A Fusion Materials Irradiation Test Facility is being designed to be constructed at Hanford, Washington, The system is designed to produce about 10/sup 15/n/cm-s in a volume of approx. 10 cc and 10/sup 14/ n/cm-s in a volume of 500 cc. The lithium and target systems are being developed and designed by HEDL while the 35-MeV, 100-mA cw accelerator is being designed by LASL. The accelerator components will be fabricated by US industry. The total estimated cost of the FMIT is $105 million. The facility is scheduled to begin operation in September 1984.
- Published through SciTech Connect.
8. symposium on engineering problems of fusion research, San Francisco, CA, USA, 13 Nov 1979.
Trego, A.L.; Kemp, E.L.
- Funding Information:
View MARC record | catkey: 14751564