Fusion-product ash buildup in tokamak with radial electric field [electronic resource].
- Urbana, Ill. : University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign, 1979.
Oak Ridge, Tenn. : Distributed by the Office of Scientific and Technical Information, U.S. Dept. of Energy.
- Physical Description:
- Pages: 6 : digital, PDF file
- Additional Creators:
- University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign
United States. Department of Energy. Office of Scientific and Technical Information
- The buildup of thermalized fusion products (ash) in a tokamak can seriously limit burn times. Prior studies have concentrated on deposition profile effects on alpha particle transport in tokamaks but have not considered the effect on ash of radial electric fields (either created internally, e.g. due to high-energy alpha leakage, or generated externally). The present study focuses on this issue since it appears that electric fields might offer one approach to control of the ash. Approximate field and source profiles are used, based on prior calculations. (MOW)
- Published through SciTech Connect.
American Nuclear Society meeting, San Francisco, CA, USA, 12 Nov 1979.
Miley, G.H.; Choi, C.K.; Downum, W.B.
- Funding Information:
View MARC record | catkey: 14751608