33-GVA interrupter test facility [electronic resource].
- Los Alamos, N.M. : Los Alamos Scientific Laboratory, 1979. and Oak Ridge, Tenn. : Distributed by the Office of Scientific and Technical Information, U.S. Dept. of Energy.
- Physical Description:
- Pages: 6 : digital, PDF file
- Additional Creators:
- Los Alamos Scientific Laboratory and United States. Department of Energy. Office of Scientific and Technical Information
- Restrictions on Access:
- Free-to-read Unrestricted online access
- The use of commercial ac circuit breakers for dc switching operations requires that they be evaluated to determine their dc limitations. Two 2.4-GVA facilities have been constructed and used for this purpose at LASL during the last several years. In response to the increased demand on switching technology, a 33-GVA facility has been constructed. Novel features incorporated into this facility include (1) separate capacitive and cryogenic inductive energy storage systems, (2) fiber-optic controls and optically-coupled data links, and (3) digital data acquisition systems. Facility details and planned tests on an experimental rod-array vacuum interrupter are presented.
- Published through SciTech Connect., 01/01/1979., "la-ur-79-1596", " conf-790622-12", Pulsed power conference, Lubbock, TX, USA, 12 Jun 1979., and Parsons, W.M.; Warren, R.W.; Honig, E.M.
- Funding Information:
View MARC record | catkey: 14751615