Starfire [electronic resource] : initial conceptual design of a commercial tokamak power plant
- Argonne, Ill. : Argonne National Laboratory, 1979. and Oak Ridge, Tenn. : Distributed by the Office of Scientific and Technical Information, U.S. Dept. of Energy.
- Physical Description:
- Pages: 6 : digital, PDF file
- Additional Creators:
- Argonne National Laboratory and United States. Department of Energy. Office of Scientific and Technical Information
- The purpose of the study is to provide a mechanism for the US Department of Energy to further assess the commercial potential of tokamak magnetic confinement for power reactors. The initial reference parameters for a helium cooled option are summarized. This study is placing particular emphasis on utility requirements, safety and maintenance considerations.
- Published through SciTech Connect., 01/01/1979., "conf-791204-26", 2. Miami international conference on alternative energy sources, Miami Beach, FL, USA, 10 Dec 1979., and Abdou, M.A.; Baker, C.C.; Trachsel, C.; Graumann, D.; DeFreece, D.; Kokszenski, J.
- Funding Information:
View MARC record | catkey: 14751668