Analytic, high. beta. , flux conserving equilibria for cylindrical tokamaks [electronic resource].
- Washington, D.C. : United States. Dept. of Energy, 1978. and Oak Ridge, Tenn. : Distributed by the Office of Scientific and Technical Information, U.S. Dept. of Energy.
- Physical Description:
- Pages: 37 : digital, PDF file
- Additional Creators:
- Oak Ridge National Laboratory, United States. Department of Energy, and United States. Department of Energy. Office of Scientific and Technical Information
- Using Grad's theory of generalized differential equations, the temporal evolution from low to high ..beta.. due to ''adiabatic'' and nonadiabatic (i.e., neutral beam injection) heating of a cylindrical tokamak plasma with circular cross section and peaked current profiles is calculated analytically. The influence of shaping the initial safety factor profile and the beam deposition profile and the effect of minor radius compression on the equilibrium is analyzed.
- Published through SciTech Connect., 09/01/1978., "ornl/tm-6040", and Vahala, G.; Sigmar, D. J.
- Funding Information:
View MARC record | catkey: 14751782