Shiva laser system performance [electronic resource].
- Livermore, Calif. : Lawrence Livermore Laboratory, 1978.
Oak Ridge, Tenn. : Distributed by the Office of Scientific and Technical Information, U.S. Dept. of Energy.
- Physical Description:
- Pages: 5 : digital, PDF file
- Additional Creators:
- Lawrence Livermore Laboratory and United States. Department of Energy. Office of Scientific and Technical Information
- Restrictions on Access:
- Free-to-read Unrestricted online access
- On November 18, 1977, after four years of experimentation, innovation, and construction, the Shiva High Energy Laser facility produced 10.2 kJ of focusable laser energy delivered in a 0.95 ns pulse. The Shiva laser, with its computer control system and delta amplifiers, demonstrated its versatility on May 18, 1978, when the first 20-beam target shot with delta amplifiers focused 26 TW on a target and produced a yield of 7.5 x 10/sup 9/ neutrons.
- Report Numbers:
- E 1.99:ucrl-52487
- Other Subject(s):
- Published through SciTech Connect.
Holzrichter, J.F.; Godwin, R.O.; Glaze, J.
- Funding Information:
View MARC record | catkey: 14751863