Stimulated Raman scatter in laser fusion target chambers [electronic resource].
- Livermore, Calif. : Lawrence Livermore Laboratory, 1977.
Oak Ridge, Tenn. : Distributed by the Office of Scientific and Technical Information, U.S. Dept. of Energy.
- Physical Description:
- Pages: 19 : digital, PDF file
- Additional Creators:
- Lawrence Livermore Laboratory and United States. Department of Energy. Office of Scientific and Technical Information
- Restrictions on Access:
- Free-to-read Unrestricted online access
- The target chamber of a laser fusion reactor will contain small amounts of background gases. As the beam is focused, it ionizes the gas and Raman scattering is induced. Density limits on the background gas are found in order that the laser beam will not become appreciably decollimated. It is found that laser bandwidth efficiently decreases the scattering effect.
- Report Numbers:
- E 1.99:ucrl-80233
E 1.99: conf-771136-3
- Other Subject(s):
- Published through SciTech Connect.
Annual American Physical Society meeting, Atlanta, GA, USA, 7 Nov 1977.
- Funding Information:
View MARC record | catkey: 14752250