MHD stability for a class of tokamak equilibria with fixed boundary [electronic resource].
- Washington, D.C. : United States. Dept. of Energy, 1977.
Oak Ridge, Tenn. : Distributed by the Office of Scientific and Technical Information, U.S. Dept. of Energy.
- Physical Description:
- Pages: 32 : digital, PDF file
- Additional Creators:
- United States. Department of Energy
United States. Department of Energy. Office of Scientific and Technical Information
- The stability behavior with respect to internal modes is discussed for a class of tokamak equilibria with non-circular cross-sections and essentially flat current profiles. The stability analysis is performed numerically with the help of a normal mode code, which extremizes the Lagrangian of the system. It is found that the Mercier criterion is both necessary and sufficient for stability. Strong numerical evidence for this result is given. MHD-stable high-beta equilibria exist in this model.
- Published through SciTech Connect.
New York Univ., N.Y. (USA). Courant Inst. of Mathematical Sciences
- Funding Information:
View MARC record | catkey: 14752354