Effects of spatial grid in plasma simulations using higher order multipole expansions [electronic resource].
- Princeton, N.J. : Princeton University, 1977. and Oak Ridge, Tenn. : Distributed by the Office of Scientific and Technical Information, U.S. Dept. of Energy.
- Physical Description:
- Pages: 20 : digital, PDF file
- Additional Creators:
- Princeton University and United States. Department of Energy. Office of Scientific and Technical Information
- Restrictions on Access:
- Free-to-read Unrestricted online access
- Reduction of nonphysical grid effects in plasma simulations has been examined numerically using higher order multipole expansions in one dimension. It is found that keeping the higher order moments, such as quadrupole and octapole moments, substantially reduces the grid effects for small Debye length so that the numerical results agree well with the predictions from the gridless theory. In particular, it is found that the grid instabilities for small Debye length diminish when the higher order moments are used.
- Published through SciTech Connect., 07/01/1977., "pppl-1355", and Okuda, H.
- Funding Information:
View MARC record | catkey: 14752373