Drift-convective cells in a nonuniform plasma with magnetic shear [electronic resource].
- Princeton, N.J. : Princeton University, 1977.
Oak Ridge, Tenn. : Distributed by the Office of Scientific and Technical Information, U.S. Dept. of Energy.
- Physical Description:
- Pages: 15 : digital, PDF file
- Additional Creators:
- Princeton University and United States. Department of Energy. Office of Scientific and Technical Information
- Restrictions on Access:
- Free-to-read Unrestricted online access
- The existence of near zero frequency growing modes driven by plasma density and temperature nonuniformities in a sheared magnetic field is demonstrated. These modes are viable candidates for explaining anomalous cross-field transport. It is believed that these modes have been observed in FM-1, when operated in the collisional limit.
- Report Numbers:
- E 1.99:pppl-1351
- Other Subject(s):
- Published through SciTech Connect.
Kaw, P.K.; Mahajan, S.M.; Oberman, C.; Guzdar, P.N.
View MARC record | catkey: 14752391